After you have read all the advice in this website, I hope you do realize that by now, if you want to treat acne effectively, you have to treat the entire body.
Let me tell you a story before I begin.
I knew this guy back in high school. He was devilishly handsome and charming. However, he had several acne lesions and bad breakouts. He came to me for advice and I told him that exercising is a great acne treatment.
What was considered unfortunate was that he misinterpreted my advice.
He was pretty lanky although he was also taking the testosterone supplement Spartagen XT and he had a complexion that many people would consider bad. That’s why he took up weight-lifting to boost his physical shape. And he wanted to be more muscular.
His physical results were much better than expected. He could bench press extraordinary weight and he crafted six-pack abs on his abdomen. But alas!
His acne problems became much worse!
Weight lifting and weight training makes acne worse for men, whether you like it or not. Why? Doesn’t exercise improve acne instead of worsening it?
The truth is, when you weight train, you increase the amount of male hormones in your body (aka testosterone) which speeds up the possibility of acne breakouts!
Standing in the capacity of a woman, I would want to say that I actually advocate yoga to be your ideal exercise, whether you are male or female.
What? Full-gown men doing yoga?
Yes. Unless you are an extreme sexist, yoga is meant for both genders. Yoga is an exercise that has benefits which are considered unparalleled. For starters, you can carry out yoga at any time. Besides, yoga
- Tones the body at various angles
- Provides a soothing comfort for the well-being
- Achieve a deep meditative state
I can’t stop emphasizing this. Cortisol is the key reason to jump start acne problems. So please, do yourself a favor and relieve stress quick. When stress aggravates acne, activities like meditating and reflective relaxation.
Yoga isn’t a passive meditation. But rather, it is a form of superior meditation. Yoga can leave you completely relaxed, so that your mind can function better as well. Besides, you will feel physically invigorated. It is the ideal exercise for a busy person who is undergoing a lot of stress who wants to look and feel good all the time.
Health Benefits Of Yoga
- Stabilizing of autonomic nervous system equilibrium
- Decrease of rapid pulse rate
- Decrease of rapid respiratory rate
- Drop in blood pressure (hyporeactors have special significance)
- Galvanic skin responses (GSR) increases
- EEG – alpha, delta and beta waves increases
- EMG decreases
- Better cardiovascular efficiency
- Gastrointestinal function
- Endocrine functions improvement
- Execretory functions improvement
- Musculoskeletal flexibility
- Posture Improvement
- Strength and Resilency Improvement
- Endurance increases
- Energy level increase
- Weight Regulation
- Insomnia improvement – better quality sleep
- Physical immunity increases
- Better pain threshold